Thursday, June 9, 2011

To My Parents

I was watching the today show this morning as they were congratulations Ann Curry about her new position as anchor. As they were going through her life they showed when both of her parents passed away.
While most of you know I have given my daughter back to God I have not had to grieve my parents passing. As I watched her celebrate their lives and how they impacted her I began to think on my parents.
I have been blessed with the most generous, loving, amazing parents there are on this earth. I know some of you may disagree but all I have to say about that is TOUGH this is my blog and they are! :)
My folks divorced when I was 5 but they both have given me so much over the years that I have to say a great big THANK YOU!

If I could shout it from the rooftops or put it on Broadway I would. Unfortunately I can’t but I can tell you and the world how much I love and adore both of you.
As Father’s Day approaches I have to stop and think on the quiet, strength that my Dad possess. His grace abounds in so many ways. My Father is a great man, a great friend, a great brother, a great son, and a great husband. My Dad has loved me when I thought no man would. He has told me that I am beautiful when I thought that was impossible. He has supported me even when he may not have agreed with what I was doing. He showed me what my husband was supposed to be like. He told me what I should and shouldn’t accept/expect from a man. My Dad will also tell you that he doesn’t think he did any of these things. That is what makes him a great teacher too! He shows you in his way so you learn in your own way! I love you Daddy! You will always be my Daddy! Please know that your daughter loves you more than you can ever know! Thank you for loving my husband and being his friend. Thank you for showing him love he may have never known without you!
Mother’s Day just passed and I was blessed to not only spend it with my children but my mother, grandmother, cousins, aunts and uncle! My Mother made this happen! My Mother has helped to shape me into the woman I am! I can only say THANK YOU because I really like who I am! God gave me the greatest gift when he allowed me to be your daughter. You have pushed me to strive harder and supported me even when I made some bad choices. You always pointed me back to God when I felt like I was all alone. You picked me up when I stumbled. You kissed all my boo-boos away and told me that even when I fall it is getting back up that counts! You told me that men would come and go in my life but I would always have my mom! You prayed for my husband before we even knew who he was. You continue to pray for him daily and you are one of the reasons we have the marriage we do! You are a great MOM, a great friend, a great woman, a great wife, and a great daughter! You stick by me through thick and thin. You help me to be a better mom. You help me to see how God sees me. You are an amazing woman and I am so thankful for you!

Mom & Dad if you didn’t hear it in my words please know that . . . . .
I LOVE YOU!
I can’t imagine how my life would have been without you are my parents. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!
From your daughter
Deana “DeeAnne” (Dee) Annette Brummett Langley

No comments: