Monday, November 27, 2006

Flat Tire Thanksgiving

It is the Monday after the Thanksgiving Holiday and I'm coming out of a turkey induced, tryptophan funk. Need another day off but I am slowly getting back into my routine of being hyper-busy with work and family. (still love it nonetheless) The past few days were a rollercoaster ride of highs and lows. Definitely one of the most interesting Thanksgivings I have experienced, to say the least. We went to Raleigh to be with family and one of the “highlights” of the weekend was a flat tire, on turkey day no less. I wanted to go home and cry. The one thing that kept me sane was God and my wife. I kept thinking of Philippians 4:7

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Under those circumstances, I needed that peace. My wife may disagree, but I think I handled the situation pretty well.

No comments: