Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Best Gift I Have Ever Received

Ok, Dee will take the reigns first:

I, like most people, would say that my children are the best gift I have ever received. Over the past several years I have been blessed enough to witness the best gift they could ever receive. In turn I realized that although my children are truly wonderful magnificent gifts, the gift of Jesus’ sacrifice for us and our salvation is the best gift of all.

As we have been at Southbrook I have gotten to witness not one but two of my children come to Christ. And my third is so excited about his turn, but as a mom I want to be sure this is his decision and not just a reaction to “wanting to join in”.

Here is a small clip from Southbrook of the past year (2007) where I got to receive one of my most precious gifts. Take a Look:



Matt's turn:

It is so cool to see my children coming up knowing Him. I like The Message version of Proverbs 22:6: Point your kids in the right direction— when they're old they won't be lost. Oh! Also, I can hardly wait for the February 4th leadership meeting of men to strengthen and hone my leadership duties as priest of my household . Our church in Raleigh - New Horizons Fellowship used Proverbs 27:17 for its men's group - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. I pray that the buring passion to reach and be reached by Christ will continue in our church, community, city, state, country and all over the world. Take care everyone and have a great rest of the week, weekend, and so on and so forth.

No comments: