Monday, January 15, 2007

Second "G" - Give

I found this on my web travels and thought it would be relevant to the next "G" - Give.

"In Romans 12:1, the apostle Paul applied the truths of what he had already written to the followers of Jesus in Rome. He said, "Present your bodies a living sacrifice." He also urged us to keep our bodies from sinning and to avoid the world's corruption by renewing our minds. We are often told to give our hearts or our lives to Christ. So why did Paul call attention to our bodies? If we are to carry out God's will, it will be with our bodies.

Every pastor has members who say, "I won't be in the service next Sunday; we'll be up at the lake. But I'll be there in spirit." Unfortunately, the "spirit" will contribute nothing to the atmosphere of praise and worship. We also offer God our bodies as a response to His love. The body is a gift worthy of God. Consider the value of the human hand. The brilliant surgeon Dr. Paul Brand, in describing operations performed on the hand, said, "I don't know of a single operation anyone has devised that has succeeded in improving a normal hand. It's beautiful."

This year, give God something beautiful. Offer Him not just your heart, but your hands, body, spirit, mind-your entire being!"

I want to offer Him my entire being and I have heard that the most powerful prayer you can pray is one where you ask God, "use me, your will be done in my life". Are you in good hands? (I know, sounds like the Allstate commercial)

1 comment:

Dee Langley said...

Just imagine that 11 years ago I met this man who knew pratically nothing about God. What a powerful man of God he has become! Thank you Lord!